When life handed me a Canadian Husband, Two Energetic Kids and a Dog with ADHD,
I made myself some Organized Chaos!

Friday, December 14, 2012

Why?


Why?  Why does these horrible things happen to innocent people/good people?  My husband asks me that and I try to explain and I pray for Gods words to flow out of my mouth but sometimes we just don't know.  But this is some of my thoughts and findings.  

Trust in the Lord with all your heartand lean not on your own understanding;

in all your ways submit to him,
    and he will make your paths straight.
Proverbs 3:5-6

1.  Free Will- God wants our love.  If we have a choice to love him and to serve him but that also means we have a choice to not love or serve him.  If He didn't give us free will then we would be just robots.  As we know God gave Adam and Eve a perfect life with one rule.  As that rule was broken sin invaded our lives. 

But if serving the Lord seems undesirable to you,
then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve,
whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates,
or the gods of the Amorites,
in whose land you are living.
But as for me and my household,
 we will serve the Lord.”
Joshua 24:15

2. So God will be glorified
 “Neither this man nor his parents sinned,” said Jesus,“but this happened so that the works of God might be displayed in him.
John 9:3

3. God is shaping us.  He wants to use us.   In the face of darkness is when our light can shine bright.  


Be alert and of sober mind.
Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.

Resist him, standing firm in the faith,
 because you know that the family of believers throughout the world
is undergoing the same kind of sufferings.

And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ,
after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong,
 firm and steadfast.
1 Peter 5:8-10

4.  Sometimes are suffering is our own faults.  (Standing in front of moving car results in being hit by car)

Whoever sows to please their flesh, from the flesh will reap destruction;
whoever sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life.
Galatians 6:8

5.  Sometimes suffering is just one of those mysteries.  We will NEVER know why this is happening.

“As the heavens are higher than the earth,
    so are my ways higher than your ways
    and my thoughts than your thoughts.
Isaiah 55:9

6.   God Did NOT create evil and suffering.  This goes back to free will.  God made the heavens and the earth.  He made a perfect love.  He wanted to create humans to experience that perfect love.  In order for that to happen he had to create free will to choose the love or not.  Sadly humans have abused the free will and walked away from our Maker.  

7.  Couldn't he foresee this happening.  I found this answer to be GREAT!!

"'Couldn't God have foreseen all of this?" and no doubt he did. But look at it this way. Many of you are parents. Even before you had children, couldn't you foresee that there was the very real possibility they may suffer disappointment or pain or heartache in life, or that they might even hurt you and walk away from you? Of course—but you still had kids. Why? Because you knew there was also the potential for tremendous joy and deep love and great meaning." by Lee Strobal



In the end, I have NO IDEA WHY BAD THINGS HAPPEN. But I do know God knows how many hairs are on my head, how many freckles I have and how many days I will be on this earth.  We can not control that number but we can live our lives to the fullest, with hope, with love, with the light God wants us to shine.