When life handed me a Canadian Husband, Two Energetic Kids and a Dog with ADHD,
I made myself some Organized Chaos!

Sunday, November 25, 2012

No More Perfect Mommies

A few nights ago I was thinking about the new book that is coming out next year by Jill Savage.  Check out the website...www.NoMorePerfectMoms.com.  When reading the website I was inspired to start a new "small group" of woman in my home town---No More Perfect Mom's in Hudson.   As woman and mothers we spend too much time judging ourselves and then others.  Comparing our lives to others, comparing our children, spouses, image and whatever else to others. I have heard Jill say; "Stop comparing your insides to someone else's outsides!"  

Can you imagine instead of all of us mothers stop talking behind each others backs, comparing ourselves and just remember that we are all have the same objective.  To live a great life, love and raise our children to the best of our ability.  We all have different ways for raising our children or different ways of living our lives.  We need to accept those differences and not dwell on them.  If we all lived exactly the same...HOW BORING WOULD THAT BE?  

I have started a Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/NoMorePerfectMomsInHudson) that will connect Hudson, IL moms but because we love foreigners (hehe), if your not from here that is ok!  ;) Since I know us mommies don't have enough time in the day we will connect online and then hopefully have Mom Night Out every once in a while.  Since Jill's book won't be coming out till February we will be starting another book that was suggested to me on December 10th.  

“The Bathtub is Overflowing but I feel Drained” by Lysa TerKeurst 

I will "assign" a chapter or two to read and then the next week we can have random discussions online.  This is a new concept for me but we can tweak the discussions and how we do it as we go.  If you have suggestions let me know!   

I am super excited about this opportunity to improve myself and especially excited to get to know you mommies out there!   Hope you all will join!  Have a great week!