When life handed me a Canadian Husband, Two Energetic Kids and a Dog with ADHD,
I made myself some Organized Chaos!

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Forgiving and Letting Go




I am just sitting here thinking about my friends on facebook.  There are so many people that have been hurt by others.  I see rants, hurt, tears and other emotions.  Then I see hurt from friends and family that have been hurt too by others.  What do we do with that pain?  Where do we go from this point?  Hurting stinks!  There are days it seems like there could be no end to the pain we feel.   So how do we get past this? 

 If someone has done you wrong, do not repay him with a wrong. Try to do what everyone considers to be good. Do everything possible on your part to live in peace with everybody. Never take revenge, my friends, but instead let God's anger do it. For the scripture says, "I will take revenge, I will pay back, says the Lord." Instead, as the scripture says: "If your enemies are hungry, feed them; if they are thirsty, give them a drink;
for by doing this you will make them burn with shame."
 
Do not let evil defeat you; instead, conquer evil with good.
Romans 12:17-21

Some thoughts…

1.       You deserve to be happy.  Forgiving someone means you are getting rid of the pain.  Getting rid of the negative thoughts and pain.  By forgiving you are allowing yourself to take control of your life instead of letting someone control you and your thoughts with such hatred or negativity.   You deserve to be happy, you deserve to be free from anger, hatred, regret and any other negative feelings you may have. 

2.      Now is worth living!  If you forgive you are living for today.  If you are holding onto someone’s wrong doing to you then you are living for the past.  How is that fair to you?  How is that fair to your future?  Enjoy today!  Be exited for your future!  The past is the past you can’t change it you can’t make it look any different but you can make today look different. 

3.      They are who they are!!!  I read someone that said “If they would have known better they would've done better!”  This is such a simply reality and this can set you free of all the anger. 

4.      You can’t forgive unless you repent your resentment that you hold onto in your own heart. 

5.      Forgiveness is one sided.  A minister once said “It doesn't matter what you think of me but it does matter what I think of you.” 

6.      Your attitude and your happiness should not be dictated by someone else’s wrong doing!  By giving them the control of your life is allowing Satin to drive.  This cannot happen!!  You need to remember that dwelling and holding onto this wrong doing to you WILL affect all areas of your life. 

Forgiving others is actually taking care of YOUR happiness.  LIVE IN THE PRESENT!! 



If your enemy is hungry, give him food to eat; if he is thirsty, give him water to drink. In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head, and the LORD will reward you.
 Proverbs 25:21-22

 
"Do not judge, and you will not be judged;
Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned;
Forgive, and you will be forgiven."         
Proverbs 25:21-22


Prayer:

O Lord, I now feel anger in my heart, but anger has no place within my life. And so I pray that You will raise Your hand, and cast this burst of anger from my heart. I pray You cast it far away from me. I hereby do forgive the one at fault, and pray that likewise You forgive me, too. In Jesus' holy name I pray, Amen.

By Rev. Bill McGinnis - Public Domain


Remember forgive does not mean forget.  Take a hold of your life and be intentional with what you allow in your life and how you want to live for TODAY!