When life handed me a Canadian Husband, Two Energetic Kids and a Dog with ADHD,
I made myself some Organized Chaos!

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Day Two: Tools for Digging; Marking and Color Coding


Day Two:

Tools for Digging
Marking and Color Coding



The Busy Mom's Guide to Bible Study


 think by the title I am going to like this!  If anyone knows me I like my notes.  I am one to write in my bible and I have a notebook of notes.  Here we go!!


3 main ways to learn:

1.      Visual

a.      Seeing

2.       Auditory

a.      Hearing

3.      Kinesthetic

a.      Touching

b.      Experiencing

What are you?  I am Visual and Kinesthetic. 



1.      Visual

a.      Enjoys reading

b.      Fairly good speller

c.       Loves charts

d.      Loves diagrams

e.      Stimulated by color

f.        Needs peace and quiet to be able to concentrate

 

So now she wants you to choose a pen or a color.  Whenever you see a word that is important mark it.  Color it, underline it, circle it, start it! Whatever is easiest.  If you do the highlighter way and you keep a technique that is consistent throughout your bible it will be easy to go back and look through.  Her example was: Gods Love=Pink; Faith=Yellow; Prayer=Blue; Promises= Orange.

Here is her example:

“Blessed are the poor in spirit,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Blessed
are those who mourn,

 for they will be comforted.

Blessed are the meek,

 for they will inherit the earth.

Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness,
for they will be filled.


Blessed are the merciful,
for they will be shown mercy.


Blessed are the pure in heart,
for they will see God.


Blessed are the peacemakers,
for they will be called children of God.


Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Matthew 5:3-10



Lets try this out on our own…

The beginning of the good news about Jesus the Messiah,
the Son of God, as it is written in Isaiah the prophet:

“I will send my messenger ahead of you,
who will prepare your way” —
 “a voice of one calling in the wilderness,
‘Prepare the way for the Lord,
make straight paths for him.’”

And so John the Baptist appeared in the wilderness,
preaching a baptism of repentance for the forgiveness of sins.
 The whole Judean countryside and all the people of Jerusalem went out to him.
Confessing their sins, they were baptized by him in the Jordan River.
 John wore clothing made of camel’s hair,
with a leather belt around his waist,
and he ate locusts and wild honey.  And this was his message:
“After me comes the one more powerful than I,
the straps of whose sandals I am not worthy to stoop down and untie.
 I baptize you with water, but he will baptize you with the Holy Spirit.”

Mark 1:1-8



Hope it went great for you!  Love looking into different ways of dissecting the word!!