When life handed me a Canadian Husband, Two Energetic Kids and a Dog with ADHD,
I made myself some Organized Chaos!

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Day 7: Tools for Digging: Memorizing Scripture


Day 7
       Tools for Digging: Memorizing Scripture

I don’t know about you all but this is hard for me.  I am not the greatest at memorizing anything.  Downfall for me!

Lisa suggests having the word EVERYWHERE!  So when you have down time then you can pick up the word.  What a great suggestion! 

Why Memorize?

“I have stored up your word in my heart,
that I might not sin against you.”
Psalm 119:11

How to Memorize?

“Precept upon precept, precept upon precept,
line upon line, line upon line,
here a little, there a little.”
Isaiah 28:10
This is how Lisa challenges us today.  Put a verse EVERYWHERE.  Keep it at the top of your mind.  Read it over and over.  Post it notes, index cards, screen savers, or even calendars. 

Try out this verse she gave us…

“I am the vine; you are the branches.
 Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit,
for apart from me you can do nothing.”
John 15:5

Here is things Lisa reminds us about this verse. 
Jesus is speaking
One of Christ’s most seven famous “I am” in the book of John
This verse has facts, promises and then another fact. 
Filled up with tons of information that summarizes the 15 chapter of John.

So I am going to make it a point to memorize and memorize. It is ok if I take longer than someone else!  As long as I am storing God’s word in my heart.