When life handed me a Canadian Husband, Two Energetic Kids and a Dog with ADHD,
I made myself some Organized Chaos!

Monday, June 18, 2012

Day 6: Tools for Digging: Meditating on God’s Word


Day 6

            Tools for Digging: Meditating on God’s Word

Wait Rest and Trust.  Meditating is a great tool for clearing out your mind of things that can distract us from God.  It will move your attention to what is important and where our focus should be.  Lisa mentions an article that puts mediation into reality for us.  It is a combination of reviewing, repeating, reflecting, thinking, and analyzing, feeling and even enjoyment.  She recommends finding a verse that you can memorize.  Think about it all day and night.  Something simple. 

But his delight is in the law of the LORD,
and on his law he meditates day and night.

Psalm 1:2

The object of this is to look at each word and take it to heart.  Let it come alive in your heart and through your life.  Lisa really made me think about meditation in such a different way.  I truthfully almost skipped over this chapter because I was not sure what I could take from it but I am grateful I didn’t I really got a lot out of this and will hopefully be bringing this into my daily routine. 


But his delight is in the law of the Lord,
and on his law he meditates day and night.
He is like a tree planted by streams of water,
which yields its fruit in season
and whose leaf does not wither.
Whatever he does prospers.
Psalm 1:2-3


She takes this verse Psalm 1:2-3 and then tells us to read Joshua 1:8.


Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth;
meditate on it day and night,
so that you may be careful to do everything written in it.
Then you will be prosperous and successful.

Joshua 1:8


This chapter taught me that meditating daily on God’s word will bring my mind clear and I will start to look at life through the scripture and not my haze of life.  That is so reassuring.  I am really grateful for that and for God’s powerful words!