When life handed me a Canadian Husband, Two Energetic Kids and a Dog with ADHD,
I made myself some Organized Chaos!

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Mothers



I love being a mom! There are so many joys, stresses, laughter, tears, love, frustrations, proud moments, sad moments and what I like to call my mommy fails!

Now I look at what feelings I have "BLESSED" my mother with, my granny with and my husband has blessed his mother with.  Ok, maybe blessed isn't always the word they would have used but it makes me feel better about what we put our mom's through. :)  I think Kev and I would both say we gave our parents a lot of challenges and we kept our mother's lives interesting.  I am so blessed for my mom allowing me to live past my teens and into my twenties and for my mother-in-law who raised a man that I can call my true love.  

Being a mom is such a privilege and a true gift from God.  Sometimes at 8:15am, when our oldest forgot to tell you he needs a sack lunch and then the youngest forgot he had to read two poems to you and the dog has decided that he wants to see what kind of things we thew in the trash that day and well, we are suppose to be out of the house like NOW--We forget how much motherhood is a wonderful thing!  

As mom's we put so much pressure on ourselves to be "Perfect"!  Mom's that is impossible!  Who cares the floors didn't get mopped or your garden isn't the best one on the block.  Who care that your kid has a melt down in aisle 4 at Wal-Mart or your forget a simple mommy duty!  We are human and as mother's we need tear down all these very, very unrealistic expectations of what "Mothers" should be and just LOVE on each and every one of our kids and enjoy them for who they are!!  Be a solid support for those Mother's around us.  Because I don't know about you ladies but it is so nice to have a mother reach out and give you a 
helping hand!  

I found this and thought it was perfect!! 



Things My Mother Taught Me 
from Splitcoaststampers

My Mother taught me LOGIC...
"If you fall off that swing and break your neck,
you can't go to the store with me."

My Mother taught me MEDICINE...
"If you don't stop crossing your eyes,
 they're going to freeze that way."

My Mother taught me TO THINK AHEAD...
"If you don't pass your spelling test,
you'll never get a good job!"

My Mother taught me ESP...
"Put your sweater on;
don't you think that I know when you're cold?"

My Mother taught me TO MEET A CHALLENGE...
"What were you thinking?
Answer me when I talk to you...
Don't talk back to me!"

My Mother taught me HUMOR...
"When that lawn mower cuts off your toes,
don't come running to me."

My Mother taught me how to BECOME AN ADULT...
"If you don't eat your vegetables,
 you'll never grow up.

My mother taught me ABOUT SEX...
"How do you think you got here?"

My mother taught me about GENETICS...
"You are just like your father!"

My mother taught me about my ROOTS...
"Do you think you were born in a barn?"

My mother taught me about the WISDOM of AGE...
"When you get to be my age,
you will understand."

My mother taught me about ANTICIPATION...
"Just wait until your father gets home."

My mother taught me about RECEIVING...
"You are going to get it when we get home."

And, my all-time favorite - JUSTICE...
"One day you'll have kids,
 and I hope they turn out just like YOU --
then you'll see what it's like."



Our Mothers/Grandmothers
This is My Mother-In-Law with her three Kiddos
Love you so much and thank you so much for all you have done for your family!  Thank you for  the love and caring heart you have for each one of us!  You are truly awesome!



This is My Mother, Sister and I!  The look I am giving my mother kind of describes what she has coming in the years to come!  Thank you Mom for all you have done and for loving me and doing what you thought was best for me!
Love you so much!!



This is my Granny!  She is someone that I can always count on to put me in my place and love on me!  She is someone that I don't go a day without talking to and also someone that I can drive crazy and she can drive me crazy!  But with the love we have for each other that is bound to happen!  Thank you for being you and for having such a big hear!  Love you tons!  

Of course I had to share a picture of my two boys!!  I am so blessed God chose me to be their mom!!  

Happy Mother's Day!!!