When life handed me a Canadian Husband, Two Energetic Kids and a Dog with ADHD,
I made myself some Organized Chaos!

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

I think God would like Hockey!

Ok...I don't know if he would like hockey.  It obviously doesn't have hockey in the bible.  Some say hockey is a sin.  I would have to disagree.  As long as the athletes heart and mind is in the right place and not in a sinful matter GO FOR IT!!  Play hockey!  Enjoy it!!

Anyways, hockey has been on for weeks now and the playoffs are getting pretty intense!  My boys love watching.  Skyler loves the stats/plays, Tanner the action and Kevin has the love of the game in his blood!  Then there is me, I love Hockey!  I guess that is a good thing since I met Kevin at a hockey game.

My boys and I read a book on a hockey player that now plays on Nashville.  Defender of Faith; Mike Fisher Story.



Those non hockey fans you may know him because he is married to Carrie Underwood.  


So obviously my boys like him for both reasons!  This book was great for the kids and for me! 

This book is aimed for 9-12 year olds but Skyler at age of 6 understood it! 

Mike is a Canadian hockey player (my husband actually played against him in their younger years) that has played for Ottawa and now Nashville.  He came with his struggles, he fought through injuries, a lockout, big losses, and trials.  Each one of these life  situations he learned to depend on Christ more and more!  I have the book if anyone wants to borrow it!  I do recommend reading it out loud so it starts up discussions with you and the kiddos! 

Ephesians 2:8-9



Have a great Tuesday!