When life handed me a Canadian Husband, Two Energetic Kids and a Dog with ADHD,
I made myself some Organized Chaos!

Sunday, April 15, 2012

2011 Most Popular Verses

I was sitting here today thinking about what I wanted to dig into.  Then I was curious to find out what the most popular verses are in the bible.  It would be pretty tough to pick them.  Biblegateway.com has compiled the most looked up verses in 2011.



1. Jeremiah 29:11

“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” (NIV)
I know I like it when someone encourages me and pushes me in tasks.  But the one that does this and has all our plans mapped out and has all amazing things for us is God.  If we put our trust in him and hope in him then we will get so much further.  The plans he has for us is so much bigger than anything we can ever think of ourselves!  But this does not mean he is going to spare us any pain.  We will still go through hardships, pain and suffering but we will have God guiding us and their is going to be an amazing ending to it!  

2. John 3:16

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. (KJV)

This verse brings out the GOOD NEWS!   This tells us that if we live a life with God that we will never die, we will live an eternal life.  And in eternal life there is no death, sickness, enemies, jealousy, or sin!  This life we are experiencing now is just an introduction to eternity.  To believe in him means to not just say it but it means to put trust and confidence in him and him alone.  We can not rely on ourselves or our earthly things.  



3. Philippians 4:13

I can do all things through him who strengthens me. (ESV)

I don't know about you guys/girls but I can't do everything on my own.  (BTW...don't tell my husband, I don't know if he reads this and I would hate for him to know that I am not a real superhero!!)  I try to do everything and I try to do it on my own but I always fall short of my goal.  Once I started to rely on God and rely on His strength I started to show up at the finish line!  God is great and he strengthens us so we can get through those trials, frustrations, pressures and whatever else the world throws at you.  Instead of relying on our own strength we need to turn towards him and daily!  



4. Proverbs 3:5-6

Trust in the LORD with all your heart;
don’t rely on your own intelligence.
Know him in all your paths,
and he will keep your ways straight. (CEB)

I think this is something we all really struggle with.  Trust!  We feel we can't trust anyone and when we do they seem to fail us.  So why is this so tough for us because we don't trust in God!!  He has nothing but good things for us and we don't ever allow him to show us or guide us to those things!  We rely on ourselves, or others.  God knows what is bust for us better than we would ever know.  By not listening or asking or even following God's way we are belittling him .  When it comes to make a decision; pray to him, read the bible, then follow his ways.  He will not only guide us but he will ALWAYS protect us!  



5. Romans 8:28

We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God: those who are called according to His purpose. (HCSB)
God works in all things.  He doesn't pick and choose what he does but he works in all things for our good!  Now that doesn't mean that all that happens to us is good.  Evil is in this world and it will always be there looking for a way to attack us. God doesn't leave us hanging though he brings us through these situations and brings a long term good into our life!!  Once again we have to remember God is just working to make us happy but for his will and his ultimate plan.  So trusting in God 100% and not in earthly processions is the only way we can be called to this promise.  



In all reality if I were to guess what verses these would probably be the ones I would guess! But it is pretty cool to see what others are looking up and what verses are looked at and possible talked about the most!!