When life handed me a Canadian Husband, Two Energetic Kids and a Dog with ADHD,
I made myself some Organized Chaos!

Saturday, April 28, 2012

20 Things a Mother Should Tell Her Son

My Boys!!




Saw this on Pinterest and loved it!  It was from Amanda in Atlanta!  All of her comments are in red and mine are in black!!  


20 Things a Mother Should Tell Her Son....

1. You will set the tone for the sexual relationship, so don't take something away from her that you can't give back.
I love this.  It is so true and not a long statement but one that is powerful!

2. Play a sport.  It will teach you how to win honorably, lose gracefully, respect authority, work with others, manage your time and stay out of trouble.   And maybe even throw or catch. 
So true.  I think sports can be such a life lesson!

3. Use careful aim when you pee.  Somebody's got to clean that up, you know.
This is a lesson boys really do have a very hard time understanding!  By the way, my husband and boys refuse to do toilets.  I think that is crazy!  You don't see me peeing all over the place or shaking it!!  

4. Save money when you're young because you're going to need it some day.   
Something I never was taught and I really do want to teach my boys!!

5. Allow me to introduce you to the dishwasher, oven, washing machine, iron, vacuum, mop and broom.  Now please go use them. 
Defiantly!!  Tanner mopped today and well, he wasn't happy!  But a man that can help around the house is defiantly a catch!  

6. Pray and be a spiritual leader.
This is a blessing for a woman to find.  A man that can spiritually lead the home!!!
7. Don't ever be a bully and don't ever start a fight, but if some idiot clocks you, please defend yourself.
This is something that we try so very hard to teach the boys!  It is hard to know where the line is.  Tanner I know will stick up for his family and life long friends.  I sometimes don't think he will stick up for himself though.  This is something we keep stressing to him that being nice does not mean you have to be walked all over!

8. Your knowledge and education is something that nobody can take away from you.
Sports will only take you so far.  But your education is a valuable!  It will take you to so many places!!

9. Treat women kindly.  Forever is a long time to live alone and it's even longer to live with somebody who hates your guts.
Love!  

10. Take pride in your appearance. 
We can struggle with this!  They just do things half fast but cleaning yourself up will make yourself feel good and that means your taking care of what God has given you!

11. Be strong and tender at the same time. 
This is something that will be hard but I truly believe is a must!  Sitting at H@H last week I was listening to a lady talk about how it is funny how we get on our boys for doing "boy" things.  For example...just being "aggressive!"  But that is what boys are for!  If something is happening bad we want our male to take care of it!  But at the same time we want him to have a heart and lovable!

12. A woman can do everything that you can do.  This includes her having a successful career and you changing diapers at 3 A.M.  Mutual respect is the key to a good relationship.
Amen!

13. "Yes ma'am" and "yes sir" still go a long way.
Something we have really slacked on as a society.  We need to get back to the basics of respect!

14. The reason that they're called "private parts" is because they're "private".  Please do not scratch them in public.
Hahahaha!  

15. Peer pressure is a scary thing.  Be a good leader and others will follow. 
Amen again!  We need to encourage our children to be leaders!!

16. Bringing her flowers for no reason is always a good idea.
Yes!

17. Be patriotic.
My boys got this under control!

18. Potty humor isn't the only thing that's humorous.  
Lesson my kids will have a hard time learning!  :)

19. Please choose your spouse wisely.  My daughter-in-law will be the gatekeeper for me spending time with you and my grandchildren.
I pray for the woman that may be in my children lives!  They are alive more than likely and walking this earth .  I pray for her choices and for the paths she takes!!

20. Remember to call your mother because I might be missing you.
Don't forget me!!