When life handed me a Canadian Husband, Two Energetic Kids and a Dog with ADHD,
I made myself some Organized Chaos!

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Judging Others


The way you judge others is the way God is going to judge you. 


I am 29 years old and I am sitting here thinking about people judging others.  You sometimes associate judging and gossiping with 16 year old girls but this is something we don’t ever grow out of.  God has blessed me with a life and with a testimony that shows strength.  My husband is afraid my testimony may bring out judgment to myself and family.  This is very fair for him to fear and this is my husband’s way of protecting me and shielding me from those who could possibly hurt me.  But I tell him “Of course I will be judge.  I may be looked badly at and some will probably look at me with pity.  That is ok.  I understand that is what is going to happen. I also know that God is the only one that I should fear judgment of.   God has brought me through amazing trials and he lifted me out of one big whole I dug myself. My testimony is to bring GLORY to Him.  So yes, I will be judged and yes it may sting but my story is my past and it makes me the strong, Christ-Like Woman I am today! “


So of course…I had to dig in about judging others.  Buckle up here we go!!    


 Matthew 7:1-5
“Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.
Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?  How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye?  You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.”
Reference: Matthew 7:15-23; 1 Corinthians 5:1-2; 1 Corinthians 4:3-5


What does the bible say about this? 

1.      It is unchristian
a.       James 4:11-12
                                                       i.      Talks about judging your “brothers and sisters”
                                                       ii.      We are a family in Christ- Ephesians 4:4-5
                                                       iii.      Do not tear down your family
                                                       iv.      God is the one who made the law and He is the Judge
                                                       v.      When we speak badly of other Christians we are doing the job of the devil. 

2.      It is unloving
a.       Matthew 22:37-39
                                                       i.      This is a commandment to love your neighbor as yourself. 
                                                       ii.      You judge others and speak evil you  are breaking God’s law

3.      It is unjustified
a.       James 4:12
                                                       i.      God is the Judge and we are NOT! 
b.      Lawgiver is in Gods job description not ours! 
c.       One mistake should not mark us
                                                       i.      Foolish mistakes happen
                                                       ii.      We have all fallen or have been tripped up
                                                       iii.      Do not brand others for their choices
                                                       iv.      Look at the real character of a person

4.      You may have your “Christian” mask on but God knows
a.       1 Sam 16:7b
                                                       i.      Man looks at outward appearance
                                                       ii.      God looks at the heart
b.      Mark 23:27-28
                                                       i.      Hypocrites
                                                       ii.      Outside you look beautiful
                                                       iii.      Full of dead bones and everything unclean


So we should stop…How?

1.      God will judge us the same as we judge others
a.       We are setting the standers for our judgment
b.      Matthew 7:1-2
                                                       i.      This great for us!
                                                       ii.      Break this habit of tearing down people

2.      You are accountable to God
a.       Romans 14:12-13
                                                       i.      You are not accountable to those around you but you are with God! 
                                                       ii.      That means your friends and family will be held accountable to God
b.      Matthew 12:36-37
                                                        i.      How will we be judged? 
                                                       ii.      Do we gossip or spread rumors?
                                                       iii.      He will judge us with justice! 

3.      God is Merciful
a.       James 2:13
                                                       i.      He is merciful
                                                       ii.      He forgives when we should be fated
b.      We receive  Mercy and Love from God
                                                       i.      How do we distribute mercy and love?

4.      Love one anther
a.       John 13:34-35
b.      1 Peter 4:8

5.      Live in harmony with other
a.       1 Peter 3:8-9
b.      Romans 12:16

6.      Do not slander one another
a.       James 4:11a

7.      Be humble
a.       1 Peter 5:5b

8.      Bear with one another
a.       Col 3:13
b.      Eph 4:2

9.      Honor one another
a.       Romans 12:10

10.  Serve one another
a.       Galatians 5:13

11.  Accept one another
a.       Romans 12:10

12.  Encourage one another
a.       Hebrews 10:25a
b.      1 Thes. 4:11

13.  Look at yourself
a.       Your personal expectations need to be aligned with Gods!

14.  Do not be envious



The next time you are walking down the school hallway, the hallway at church, you are at a park, sitting somewhere eating or even at the grocery store remember to not judge those around you.  Show love because we don’t know what is happening in their heart!