When life handed me a Canadian Husband, Two Energetic Kids and a Dog with ADHD,
I made myself some Organized Chaos!

Monday, March 19, 2012

Body Image, Anxiety, Stress

FB Message-  Day 3 


“Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing?"

Matthew 6:25 



We live in a world full of expectations.  Looking perfect, parenting perfect, be the perfect student, perfect child, perfect friend, perfect neighbor, perfect wife/husband, perfect employee, and whatever else.   I don't know about anyone else but that list gives me anxiety.  A year ago I would let that anxiety get to me and I would probably curl up and cry or hyperventilate.  But today I know GOD wants those anxieties to be placed at His feet!

Anxiety...

Proverbs 12:25   “An anxious heart weighs a man down, but a kind word cheers him up” 


Psalms 34:4   “I sought the LORD, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears” 


Philippians 4:6-7   “Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus”  

1 Peter 5:6-7   “Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you” 



Body Image...  


1 Corinthians 6:19-20   Do you know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, who lives  in you and was give to you by God?  You do not belong to yourself, for God bought you with a   high price.  So you must honor God with your body.”


Samuel 16:7   But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not look on his appearance or on the  height of his stature, because I have rejected him. For the Lord sees not as  man sees: man looks on the outward appearance, but the Lord looks on   the heart.”
  
Song of Solomon 4:7    You are altogether beautiful, my love; there is no flaw in you.

Psalm 139:14   I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well.

Romans 14:7-8   For we are not our own masters when we love or when we die.  While we live we live to please the Lord.  




Body image and anxiety can be started with this simple quote I heard this last weekend....


"Stop comparing your insides with someones outsides"

Now what does that mean?  As humans it is so easy to look at someone and say to ourselves or out loud, "They have their stuff together!"  Then we start questioning ourselves; body, ways of doing things, achievements and whatever else!  But we all know it is pretty easy to put on our worldly mask.  That person you are comparing your insides (emotions/thoughts/struggles) with their outsides may be and probably is struggling with their own thing!  So we need to stop this!  We need to start learning about our friends, family, other moms, and whomever else insides!!  We need to take our mask off and realize NOBODY is Perfect.  We all struggle with anxieties, body image and stress!  We need to get real with each other!  




Goal...
Get real with those around us.  Take of  the mask and burn it.  Place all anxieties, fears, stresses and insecurities at Gods feet.  That is where he wants them!



This was written by a young lady, 16 years old,  Deborah.  I really liked it!!!


Sorry, but I am not perfect,

I know you think I should be

and you don't want to hear

that Jesus has forgiven me.



Sorry, but I am not perfect,

there's lots left for God to do
and it's going to take some time
for His image to shine through.



Sorry, but I am not perfect,

I have taken a lot of missteps
but every day I am striving
to walk in His footsteps.



Sorry, but I am not perfect,

you can judge me all you like
call me a fraud and a phony
but there's no way we're alike. 



Sorry, but I am not perfect,

for the narrow way is straight
and at times I wandered off it
for I was lured by Satan's bait.



Sorry, God knows I'm not perfect,

I'm sorry we have different views
but you'll never know what it takes

until you walk one day in my shoes! 


Have a blessed day and hope to hear from each and everyone of you!